Declaration of consent for users of the Panorama platform on the storage and use of personal data by GIZ in Eschborn, Germany, Division Environment, Climate Change and Infrastructure.
As the protection of personal data is very important for GIZ, this declaration explains what data relating to registered users of the Panorama platform is stored and the purpose for which it is used.
- Personal data (name, email address, affiliation) that are/were transmitted in connection with the registration on the Panorama platform are stored on servers of HostEurope and used to manage the pool of solutions entered to support a better knowledge exchange.
- Your data is used solely for and associated with the case study (“solution”) you contributed. Your name, profile picture, organisation and email address are visible to visitors to the platform, registered users as well as administrators and you can be contacted via email to share insights on your uploaded solution. The administrators of the platform can contact you with feedback to your solution and for general updates.
- GIZ uses appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your data against unintentional or intentional falsification, destruction, loss or access by unauthorised persons. Access to your personal data is restricted to 3 people of GIZ staff within the division of Environment, Climate Change and Infrastructure who need to process the data for the above-mentioned purpose, and who will handle the information you provide in a proper and confidential manner. In addition, the technical support staff of the IT development company TBO Interactive has access to the data to ensure any technical difficulties can be solved in a timely manner.
- GIZ is also authorised to forward data (Name, email address, organisation) to the following organisations/entities to be processed for the above-mentioned purposes: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Global Protected Areas Programme. Before data is passed on to other individuals or institutions outside GIZ and the organisations/entities mentioned above – even in an anonymised form – the person responsible will contact the data subjects concerned.
- The data will not be passed on to any other third parties except those specified above.
- The data will be used exclusively for the declared purposes. Any other use will always be dependent on your consent being obtained again.
- Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in your browser cache when you visit a web page. They are only used for the duration of a session to identify you when you log in, to select the correct menu language and to ensure that the browsing session runs smoothly. You can, if you wish, deactivate cookies within your browser. This could, however, impact on performance. On solution detail pages, users can link videos from YouTube and Vimeo; the map view is using Google Maps.
- The person signing this declaration by activating the checkbox during the registration process is entitled to enquire about his/her personal data, to have the data corrected if necessary, and to demand that the data be erased. The data will then be erased. The consent given to use personal data can also be revoked at any time.
To revoke your consent, please send an email to: email@example.com